The activities so far have focused on institution of Awards, Scholarships, Books Grants to Educational Institutions and donations for Charitable purposes to Voluntary Organisations.
These will be expanded in due course to achieve the Objectives of the Trust
Activities – A Snapshot
- St. Joseph’s Convent High School, Patna: An Annual Award for an Inter-School Debate Competition from 2008.
- Patna Women’s College : An Annual Award for the Topper in BA (Hons), History from 2008.
- Patna University : An Annual Award for the Topper in MA, History from 2008.
- Hindu College, University of Delhi : An Annual Award for the Topper of MA, History from 2008.
- Govt. Girl’s Senior Secondary School, Bankipur, Patna: An Annual Award for the Topper of Higher Secondary Examination from 2009, called ‘Purnima Ghosh Award of Excellence
- Bethune College, Kolkata : An Annual Award for the Topper of B.Sc. Economics from 2009, called ‘Purnima Ghosh Award of Excellence’
- Annual Award for Most Promising Young Scholar presented at the Indian History Congress from 2012
The particulars of the Awardees can be seen in the respective websites of these centres/ organisations, as they are often not intimated directly to the Trust as they should.
Various Workshops, Seminars and Discussions on subjects related to Papiya’s field of study were organised in cooperation with reputed institutions – Nehru Memorial Museum and Library, Indian Institute of Advanced Study, CSSSC, Patna University, ADRI etc
Education Scholarships & Stipends
- ST. JOSEPH’S CONVENT HIGH SCHOOL, PATNA : Annual Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship to complete Class X since 2008.
- Further stipends have been provide to enable selected children to go through complete School education, from KG to High School. It has been started with a Stipend to Deepak Kumar Paswan, who has been enrolled in KG, DPS, R.K. Puram, New Delhi, from January, 2008
- ‘Financial Assistance has been provided in July 2008 to Jeshan Kumar, Grandson of Malti Devi, (who was murdered with Papiya Ghosh) for a Diploma Programme in NIIT Patna’.
Family Support Allowances & Pensions
To supplement financial resources of selected low-income families, funds have been provided. These have been given to families in Patna and New Delhi.
- Bharat Sewashram Sangha, Delhi, which is engaged, inter-alia, in providing education and health-care to the disadvantaged sections of the society.
- Madrasa Imtiaz-ul-uloom Masjid Majeedia, New Delhi for its work related, inter-alia, to provide education to the children of the weaker sections of the society, especially from the Minority Community.
- Madrasa Arabia Shahjahania, New Delhi, to provide nutrition support to the children of the deprived sections of the society, especially from the Minority Community
- To Chief Minister Bihar’s Relief Fund for Rehabilitation of Flood Victims of North Bihar (September 2008)
- Annual Grant made for the Library of Yogoda Satsanga Mahavidyalaya, Jagannathpur, Ranchi, Jharkhand, run by Yogoda Satsanga Society of India, for the tribal and marginalized sections of the community, to commemorate the birth Anniversary of Prof. Papiya Ghosh from 8th October, 2008 onwards. (Prof. Ghosh’s birth place is Dumka in Jharkhand)
- To Andh Maha Vidyalaya, New Delhi for new Uniforms for the children of the Institution, to mark the birth Anniversary of Prof. Papiya Ghosh on 8th October, 2008.
- The Trust takes up regular philanthropic work donations to Libraries and related socio-cultural outfits.
- ‘Toast to Papiya’, 2008 – A Homage to Prof. Papiya Ghosh. Read the Flipbook
- ‘Kaku We Salute You’ 2008 – A Tribute to Col. Arun Kumar Ghosh. Read the Flipbook
- ‘Purnujjal” 2009 – In memory of Papiya’s parents, Ujjal Kumar Ghosh and Purnima Ghosh . Read the Flipbook
PRESENTED BY PURNUJJAL PAPIYA GHOSH TRUST